The Internet and the way people access it is constantly changing. Make sure your business is prepared to compete!
According to a recent article in " The Economist", In 2013 the internet will become a mostly mobile medium.
Here is an excerpt:
"The year 2002 was a turning-point for the telephone, invented 126 years earlier. For the first time, the number of mobile phones overtook the number of fixed-line ones, making the telephone a predominantly mobile technology. During 2013 the same thing will happen to the internet, just 44 years after its ancestor, ARPANET, was first switched on. The number of internet-connected mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablet computers, will exceed the number of desktop and laptop personal computers (PCs) in use, according to figures from Morgan Stanley, an investment bank (see chart). There is not a direct correlation between devices and people, because many people use multiple devices, both fixed and mobile. But IDATE, a consultancy, reckons that the number of people accessing the internet via mobile devices will overtake the number using fixed-line connections in mid-2014."
See the complete article
Why is this important to you?
Because most websites are not built to both show well in mobile devices AND work well in mobile devices!
If your website cannot be viewed correctly on a smart phone or other hand held device, then even if someone finds you they may not be able to read or navigate through your website.
Don't let this happen to you!! Call us today for the help you need!!
Your website is critical to your business success, trust the experts to keep it up to date and accurate.
Computer Images Web is your Virtual Web Department providing fast, professional support to keep your website up to date and accurate. CALL TODAY 908-689-2620
- Save You Time – CI Web can get your changes done faster – because website development and maintenance is our business we can complete your changes 2 to 3 times faster than your staff.
- Save You Money – We can do the work faster, better and more accurately; less time = less money and your changes get done when you need them so no lost revenue.
- Get Your Changes Made Quickly – Requests are processed within 24 hours.
- Give You Direct Access to Web Experts – Your phone call connects directly to local, experienced, professional web developers to answer your questions or fix your problems.
- Give You Priority Service – Our Virtual Web Departmetn clients are given top priority.
- Free Your Staff to Do Other Work – CI Web can manage all your website issues which will allow your staff to focus on other work.
You've never even thought about designing for multiple browsers, let alone multiple devices.
If this one leaves you scratching your head in confusion it's time to give us a call! We live in a brave new world chock-full of smart phones and ipads and tablets not to mention all the different browsers! Your website needs to look right and work right in all of them.
Does your site look like a postage stamp crammed onto the left side of your screen with a big wide expanse on the right side?
Well this was certainly the way to go at one time…..but that time is past and you need to catch up with today's design standards. More >
Looking for some additional insights? Check out the Article Archive >